I accidentally the urinal cake!

This page is dedicated to the insanity that is my life. Like a jester on stage I swear my life is a cosmic joke but don't worry, I'm laughing too! Everything from the odd, the creepy, to the downright derping insane will be posted here.

Comics and stories about the endless joke that is me, the girl who dreams in technicolor and occasionally pixels too, are likely to wander onto this page. Welcome to my happy little world, does the noise in my head bother you? Sanity is a precious commodity and I seem to be short stocked on it...

Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

General Musings: Fish sticks

Everybody knows the ultimately immature joke about fish sticks. If you don't then please don't ask. Lately I find myself in the same mindset about fish sticks as chicken nuggets. That mind set is that I don't want to see or eat a fish stick or a chicken nugget for a very very LONG time. I've not been traumatized by them or anything but they just seem to have worn terribly thin. I no longer desire to sit and eat them as they do not make an enjoyable meal at this point. I'm ever so simply "burned out" on them. A Fillet o' Fish at McDonalds might invoke a far different response than a regular fish stick but I think for the moment I'll simply back away from fish sticks and move towards the other seafood items I greatly enjoy to keep my balance of healthy diet.

So far shrimp and crab meat seems the best items to add to my weekly menu to keep my diet as balanced as possible. I can also hope that my family will go fishing again soon (and that I'll get to tag along for the camping and fishing) and that when we return we shall have another fish fry. Mmmm there is nothing like fresh prepared sand bass, crappie and if we catch a few decent sized catfish all the better! I've never tasted drum before. I kinda love how my family says to cook an alligator gar, "Put the gar between two wooden shingles, cook it, throw away the gar, eat the shingles." I never fail to giggle at it but I wonder if gar is a specialty in some culture or other and if so I'd love to try it some day.

I'm not much of a sushi girl but once in a while a roll of well prepared sushi hits the spot beautifully. Honestly I have a very hard time swallowing sushi and I usually have to force myself to do so. There's just something about it my body wants to close up on and reject. Probably the fact that I KNOW what is in it and I have to mentally prepare myself to swallow it instead of gag but hey, even I'm not perfect. As long as I can keep sushi to an enjoyable treat I know I won't spit it straight out... unless of course it tastes horrible or is spicy. Come to think of it maybe I should ask my darling sweetie Amber if she'd like to go get sushi sometime. I'll have to save up a bit before we go but I know she simply loves sushi and I just plain love being around her. A good sushi lunch for two sounds fun. Maybe she knows of a good sushi bar in town where I might try a couple new kinds of rolls. That's one thing I'd love to learn how to prepare anyways. Homemade sushi just sounds like an adventure, good or bad adventure just kinda depends LOL.

So there are my thoughts of the day. Fishsticks.. I do not want them right now.
~Katinka

No comments:

Post a Comment